Forum Replies Created

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Navigating multi-page doc via keyboard #57746

    Command-Option-0 (Zero, not o)

    in reply to: Navigating multi-page doc via keyboard #57745

    Command-option-0 centers the spread and then paging through the document works fine!

    I remembered!

    in reply to: Navigating multi-page doc via keyboard #57744

    I intermittently run into a problem keeping both sides of a spread visible (centered in my window) as I page through a long document using either the pages panel or the keyboard shortcuts. InDesign CS4 wants to center the left-hand page of a spread in my window even when I click the page numbers under the icons in the pages panel or when I use page up and page down commands. I would like to see both pages simultaneously (the file is a novel so I really don't want to keep centering the spreads manually) and there is room for me to see both pages—but my right hand page is stuck under my panels every time I move to a new spread.

    When I am using floating panels I can make the window extra large and move enough of the window to the left to “fix” this problem, but when I am using the “application frame” setting I can't move the window to the left. I know there is a fix for this because I've done it before. Unfortunately every time this issue happens I seem to forget what I did to correct it the last time and it drives me absolutely crazy!

    If you can help me with this problem I promise I will put a sticky note on my iMac.

    in reply to: Navigating multi-page doc via keyboard #52070

    Command-Option-0 (Zero, not o)

    in reply to: Navigating multi-page doc via keyboard #52069

    Command-option-0 centers the spread and then paging through the document works fine!

    I remembered!

    in reply to: Navigating multi-page doc via keyboard #52068

    I intermittently run into a problem keeping both sides of a spread visible (centered in my window) as I page through a long document using either the pages panel or the keyboard shortcuts. InDesign CS4 wants to center the left-hand page of a spread in my window even when I click the page numbers under the icons in the pages panel or when I use page up and page down commands. I would like to see both pages simultaneously (the file is a novel so I really don't want to keep centering the spreads manually) and there is room for me to see both pages—but my right hand page is stuck under my panels every time I move to a new spread.

    When I am using floating panels I can make the window extra large and move enough of the window to the left to “fix” this problem, but when I am using the “application frame” setting I can't move the window to the left. I know there is a fix for this because I've done it before. Unfortunately every time this issue happens I seem to forget what I did to correct it the last time and it drives me absolutely crazy!

    If you can help me with this problem I promise I will put a sticky note on my iMac.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)