Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 901 through 915 (of 1,335 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Uploading Files Test #56260

    Works for me :-)

    in reply to: Rogue 'point' #56254

    Ouch. Foiled again! by the smart character formatting script that runs this site …

    In this case, two consecutive hyphens – – were automatically converted to an en-dash –, which is great, really, for a general text, but not so great for code. Please adjust manually … I'm sure (fairly … a bit …) the script ought to run fine under CS3 then.

    (“Foiled again” because in the past I struggled with disappearing backslashes (fortunately there ought to be none in this script) and double quote marks, which were converted to “smart” curly ones … One more thing to keep an eye out when posting scripts.)

    in reply to: Uploading Files Test #53327

    Works for me :-)

    in reply to: Rogue ‘point’ #53321

    Ouch. Foiled again! by the smart character formatting script that runs this site …

    In this case, two consecutive hyphens – – were automatically converted to an en-dash –, which is great, really, for a general text, but not so great for code. Please adjust manually … I'm sure (fairly … a bit …) the script ought to run fine under CS3 then.

    (“Foiled again” because in the past I struggled with disappearing backslashes (fortunately there ought to be none in this script) and double quote marks, which were converted to “smart” curly ones … One more thing to keep an eye out when posting scripts.)

    in reply to: Rogue 'point' #56250

    Yeah, I've seen that before. Seems no-one at Adobe expected this! You could file a bug report …

    This quick script searches for all stray points (with only one path and consisting of one single point) and deletes it. It seems to work, even if the single point is grouped with other objects, but I suspect it will fail if the point itself is locked or on a locked layer. If you find one, I'll add checks for those too.

    p = app.activeDocument.allPageItems;

    for (i=p.length-1; i>=0; i–)
    if (p[i].hasOwnProperty (“paths”) && p[i].paths.length == 1 && p[i].paths[0].pathPoints.length == 1)
    p[i].remove();

    in reply to: Rogue ‘point’ #53319

    Yeah, I've seen that before. Seems no-one at Adobe expected this! You could file a bug report …

    This quick script searches for all stray points (with only one path and consisting of one single point) and deletes it. It seems to work, even if the single point is grouped with other objects, but I suspect it will fail if the point itself is locked or on a locked layer. If you find one, I'll add checks for those too.

    p = app.activeDocument.allPageItems;

    for (i=p.length-1; i>=0; i–)
    if (p[i].hasOwnProperty (“paths”) && p[i].paths.length == 1 && p[i].paths[0].pathPoints.length == 1)
    p[i].remove();

    in reply to: Delete empty cells from Data Merge via JS #56247

    (Two days later) Eh. That oughta be something like “As*Z” …

    in reply to: Delete empty cells from Data Merge via JS #53285

    (Two days later) Eh. That oughta be something like “\A*\Z” …

    in reply to: Delete empty cells from Data Merge via JS #56242

    Oh I see. My suggestion does work, and so did (probably) your own first try. Nothing happened because … the 'empty' cells are not empty!

    If I zoom in on the image, I can see a few tiny blue markers, quite different from the standard '#' end-of-text marker. They are also visible in the “Email” field, so apparently they get found by that GREP expression.

    I suggest using something like “As*Z” — any number of spaces, and hopefully that includes that unknown marker.

    in reply to: Delete empty cells from Data Merge via JS #53284

    Oh I see. My suggestion does work, and so did (probably) your own first try. Nothing happened because … the 'empty' cells are not empty!

    If I zoom in on the image, I can see a few tiny blue markers, quite different from the standard '#' end-of-text marker. They are also visible in the “Email” field, so apparently they get found by that GREP expression.

    I suggest using something like “As*Z” — any number of spaces, and hopefully that includes that unknown marker.

    in reply to: Painful footnote styling #56237

    1. Does this script help?

    myDialog = app.dialogs.add ({name:”Style Notes”,canCancel:true});

    parstyles = app.activeDocument.paragraphStyles.everyItem().name;

    with (myDialog)
    {
    with (dialogColumns.add())
    {
    with (dialogRows.add())
    pstyle = dropdowns.add ({stringList:parstyles, selectedIndex:0});
    }
    }
    if (!myDialog.show())
    {
    myDialog.destroy();
    exit(0);
    }

    s = app.activeDocument.paragraphStyles[pstyle.selectedIndex];
    app.activeDocument.stories.everyItem().footnotes.everyItem().paragraphs.everyItem().appliedParagraphStyle = s;

    2. “Include Footnotes” is an option in Find/Change … one of the itty bitty icons under the “Search” field. I believe it's on by default.

    in reply to: Painful footnote styling #53299

    1. Does this script help?

    myDialog = app.dialogs.add ({name:”Style Notes”,canCancel:true});

    parstyles = app.activeDocument.paragraphStyles.everyItem().name;

    with (myDialog)
    {
    with (dialogColumns.add())
    {
    with (dialogRows.add())
    pstyle = dropdowns.add ({stringList:parstyles, selectedIndex:0});
    }
    }
    if (!myDialog.show())
    {
    myDialog.destroy();
    exit(0);
    }

    s = app.activeDocument.paragraphStyles[pstyle.selectedIndex];
    app.activeDocument.stories.everyItem().footnotes.everyItem().paragraphs.everyItem().appliedParagraphStyle = s;

    2. “Include Footnotes” is an option in Find/Change … one of the itty bitty icons under the “Search” field. I believe it's on by default.

    in reply to: Delete empty cells from Data Merge via JS #56227

    Does this make it work?

    if (myDocument.textFrames[i].tables[j].rows[k].cells[l].contents.length > 0)

    The 'contents' property of a cell is not guaranteed to be a string — it can also be a single special character or nothing at all (not even an empty string).

    in reply to: MakeGrid.jsx isn't working in my copy of CS3 InDesign #56225

    El, it's possible some other script switched off “User Interaction”, to hide all dialogs and messages while a script is running. Of course, the script should have switched it back on at the end, but perhaps something went wrong (and you'll never know, because you won't have seen the error message either). Or perhaps the script writer simply forgot.

    If you suspect this might be the case, you can run a single line script to restore the normal mode, so you don't have to restart ID and loose all your custom settings. This is further discussed in https://forums.adobe.com/message/1973478

    (And if you are certain which script causes this to happen, you might be able to fix it.)

    in reply to: Delete empty cells from Data Merge via JS #53282

    Does this make it work?

    if (myDocument.textFrames[i].tables[j].rows[k].cells[l].contents.length > 0)

    The 'contents' property of a cell is not guaranteed to be a string — it can also be a single special character or nothing at all (not even an empty string).

Viewing 15 posts - 901 through 915 (of 1,335 total)