Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
February 20, 2018 at 2:18 am in reply to: Consecutive numbering of footnotes through documents in a Book #101855
Michel Allio for FRIdNGE
ParticipantHi,
I’ve just said such a script exists! … and if I give an email it’s because it’s a paid one!
Best,
Michel, from FRIdNGEFebruary 20, 2018 at 1:50 am in reply to: linking table of contents, page ranges in document #101853Michel Allio for FRIdNGE
ParticipantNo news! …
Supposing I’ve correctly understood what the op tries to explain us, If I’d had to do it — as I think she thinks it! –, I should have been enough clever to previously name the images-pdf as: 1001_01.pdf, 1001_02.pdf, 1001_03.pdf, … [the importation order is not important] including the “4-numbers” of each category!
And so, in this case [supposing pages ranges are strictly “defined by the images”], the “TOC” text [without direct link with the doc content] as indicated could be enough! …
… and I just need 1 click!
The most interesting is, if you remove or add products, and so, pages, there’s nothing more to do apart simply playing the script again to update!
No cross-ref., no index, no real TOC! … just a piece of text giving the name of each category! ;-)
Best,
Michel, from FRIdNGEFebruary 19, 2018 at 9:00 am in reply to: Consecutive numbering of footnotes through documents in a Book #101852Michel Allio for FRIdNGE
ParticipantHi Nicolas, Gert, Shallowmyre, …
Such a script exists! …
Best,
Michel, from FRIdNGEContact: michel.allio.fridnge@gmail.com
Michel Allio for FRIdNGE
ParticipantPeter,
I knew my laconic answer, as in the past, would spark your curiosity, especially about an answer you gave yourself 2 years ago! … ;-)
[I’ve used this same trick to insert flush/non-breaking spaces in a javascript array!]See you next time! …
Best,
Michel, from FRIdNGEMichel Allio for FRIdNGE
ParticipantThat’s what I said! …
Just copy a non-breaking space from the current text and paste it! …
Best,
Michel, from FRIdNGEFebruary 16, 2018 at 3:27 pm in reply to: linking table of contents, page ranges in document #101839Michel Allio for FRIdNGE
ParticipantBrooke,
What you need is just a real TOC, nothing else! Imho, cross-references or an index simply have not interest here!
But to answer you, you need to explain precisely how is built your document!
• one story per section with inline modules?
• a new products category in a section begins on a new page? or not?
• a module is always a 1/4 page, so, normally, 4 modules per pages?
• how do you build the header on each top page?Best,
Michel, from FRIdNGEFebruary 16, 2018 at 12:07 pm in reply to: linking table of contents, page ranges in document #101838Michel Allio for FRIdNGE
ParticipantI suppose you know where a products category begins and finishes and where the following category begins! …
February 16, 2018 at 11:28 am in reply to: linking table of contents, page ranges in document #101835Michel Allio for FRIdNGE
ParticipantBrooke,
Could you share a piece of .idml file (images not useful)?
Just 2 questions:
1/ How do you numerotate the pages?
2/ The Toc is based on what? Apparently, titles we find on the first page of a group of pages and in headers! …Best,
Michel, from FRIdNGEMichel Allio for FRIdNGE
ParticipantHi,
Sorry to not understand this question but if you want a non-breaking space in a cross-reference based on an auto-numbering, just [and simply] include it …
in the auto-numbering!
It’s not because the “non-breaking space” is not included in the para settings window pop-up that you can’t play with it! …
Always try and think different! … Nothing more!*Best,
Michel, from FRIdNGE[* I don’t think things were different in 2016! ]
Michel Allio for FRIdNGE
ParticipantThat’s why I potentially prefer Publish Online!
https://development.creativepro.com/publish-online-project-month-cyberfolio-michel-allio.php
;-)
Michel Allio for FRIdNGE
ParticipantHi David,
https://www.dropbox.com/s/micxas2zz4w2j40/InteractivePDFTest_byMichelAllio_FRIdNGE.pdf?dl=0
That’s the “Menu” part [sample]!
I’ve not tried to play it on an iPad with Acrobat or iBooks! [that doesn’t work!]… but simply directly in the Dropbox viewer! …
About the “TOC” part, as I already said to Kerrie, I did it 4 years ago!
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1404663
Best,
Michel, from FRIdNGEMichel Allio for FRIdNGE
ParticipantHi,
Not clear! Thanks to give some real samples!
Michel Allio for FRIdNGE
ParticipantFind: (?s)^.+
Replace by: [nothing]
Find Format: +Bold
Replace format: Your_Para_Style… Personal view: by security, I would run before: .+ & condition
Michel Allio for FRIdNGE
ParticipantHi,
What do you call “headline”?
Michel Allio for FRIdNGE
ParticipantWell! … David, I would not play it like this but using a script including the list of all the emoticones [seasoned with Grep codes] in a certain order [“0:)” before “:)”], supposing we have before/after a space or nothing!
So, Yeap! … Simple Grep codes inside a script!
Best,
Michel, from FRIdNGE
-
AuthorPosts
