Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
March 7, 2014 at 10:28 am in reply to: How to fix broken words at the end of the lines with “Justify the Last Line with #67481
Masoud Moghaddam
MemberThanks Dwayne, it works well, I didn’t know that
March 21, 2013 at 1:34 pm in reply to: How to paste a letter/phrase into the numerous cells instantly? #64460Masoud Moghaddam
MemberThank you for this useful tip, but another question come to mind, how to select nonadjacent cells instead one by one?
April 26, 2012 at 10:45 am in reply to: Style editing without apply it to the current selection #62071Masoud Moghaddam
MemberJongware said:
I've never heard of that key combo being necessary, simple double-clicking does the same: apply the style and then edit it.
To edit any style, you can right-click in the styles panel, and select “edit” from the menu.
Thanks Jongware, but I read it on the below page, please find “Style Editing” in your browser.
January 20, 2012 at 10:00 am in reply to: How to store customized settings of Menu Customization dialog box (In CS5) to transfer to other computer? #61493Masoud Moghaddam
MemberDavid Blatner said:
Hi Masoud,
Yes, these files are stored in a little xml file on your computer. On the mac, you can find them:
user/library/preferences/adobe indesign/version 7.5/en_US/Menu Sets
(of course the version and language may change)
I can't recall where they are on Windows, though I do remember it's harder to find. But search for Menu Sets and you should be able to find that folder. You should be able to move files there from one machine to another.
Hi agian David
Thanks a million, you are number one and your way that show me very cool and it is a great small tip.
The path in Windows 7 is:
C:Users<username>AppDataRoamingAdobeInDesignVersion 7.0en_GBMenu Sets
The file I found has “inms” extension, Is it abbreviation for InDesign Menu Sets? I think is right and need to test it in another PC.
David, can we use the way/tip for place/position the Panels? Where path in Windows 7 or what is the name folder that stored the file? Also I’d like to save place/position of my favorite panels to load them in another machine or next installation windows os.
Note and excuse me dear users: I inserted slash mark between parts in above address, but when I save they disappear!, I don,t know why this happen occurs.
Thanks again David
January 19, 2012 at 5:24 am in reply to: Is there a Comprehensive chart that compares InDesign CS5/5.5 and QuarkXpress 9? #61485Masoud Moghaddam
MemberDavid Blatner said:
I'd like to see this, but I haven't seen a comparison chart for a long time. There is no doubt that QX has features that ID does not, but I know hardly anyone who uses QX anymore, and very few people feel the need to compare them.
David you want to say ID CS5/5.5 more powerful than QX without doubt? Every operation/effect and etc that possible in ID CS5/5.5 can be possible in QX 9 or not? could you give me some of abilities that ID CS5/5.5 can do it and include with it; but QX 9 lack of them and can,t do it? I want a little curious about QX because I,ve never work it.
Masoud Moghaddam
MemberYes, you told me correctly. When I insert a character or some characters in column that applies automatic numbers, they are appear and when I delete the character(s), the numbers also disappear, it is reasonable because there is no text in front of the numbers in theirs cells. But I don’t want it. I want a column with only numbers without any characters in front of them, because I fill and insert my text in the other columns and cells, Why InDesign doesn’t keep my numbers without any character and it makes me to insert at least a character in front of my numbers? I apply a trick and that’s answer me; I use and insert a space character (Spacebar key) in front of any numbers and suddenly the numbers show up, but I think it isn’t interesting; because when I try to resize column numbers to narrower it, overset text happens,
thank you for your good small tip Bob.
July 18, 2011 at 9:08 am in reply to: How to remove extra spaces that created accidentally among the words? #60078Masoud Moghaddam
MemberEugene Tyson said:
Grep search for
t+s+
Change to
<press the spacebar>
Well done, the metacharacter worked well in my document, thank you Eugene.
-
AuthorPosts
