Forum Replies Created

Viewing 4 posts - 121 through 135 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Text Fields in interactive forms #14324150
    Civi Bernath
    Participant

    I can’t believe I’m struggling with something so basic!
    I have a basic form which needs to be fillable.
    I made some buttons which toggle, and they work fine. I also added 2 checkboxes, and again, all is good.
    When I make a text field, the frame has no line or fill. When I open the pdf and begin filling it, the frame acquires a black stroke.
    Can someone please explain why this happens, and how can I fix it?
    Here’s a link to a sample file https://www.dropbox.com/s/xeju468xky23v7e/letter-fillable.pdf?dl=0

    in reply to: Working with a bigger margin on inner pages questions #116912
    Civi Bernath
    Participant

    I have a catalog with a header on each page that needs to be edited. I have a text frame on each of the master sides, 1″ from the the spine. The page margins are below that for the catalog content.
    I release and type in the header frame, making sure not to move the frame itself. But when a page gets moved, the frame doesn’t move along. It makes sense because the frame on the facing page is a different text frame, so now I have one unreleased text frame, along with the text frame with type in it, positioned 1″ from the outer edge.
    Any suggestions how I can have a text frame that will position itself correctly, depending on whether it’s a left or right page?

    in reply to: Put Index mark before a word in Find/Change #116872
    Civi Bernath
    Participant

    As a relatively new discoverer of scripts, I’m blown away by how it has changed my life.
    The best ones so far have been
    David Morgan’s insta-export
    Peter Kahrel’s index by character
    Multi-Find/Change (I forget the author)

    My approach is to try something for free (that’s a must) and if I love it, I offer payment whether or not it’s requested. I even ask the writer what it’s worth to him/her. I just can’t see myself benefitting so greatly and not paying for it.

    And for those freebie searchers out there, any app that I pay for, even a nominal fee, ends up incomparably more functional.

    Civi Bernath
    Participant

    I see this post is old, but I hope I can still get an answer.
    Every time I need to update the catalog in question I’m frustrated anew.
    And I now have a second book with color coded chapters which needs to be updated annually. I’ll need to manually load style sheets there too, as I’m about to modify some of the style sheets.
    I have the chapter color named identically in each chapter, but I can’t sync my style sheets across the book simply because the swatches sync as well, whether or not I have the swatches checked off.

    Michel, how would it help to use your script if I’m instructed to first sync the book? Once I sync the book, the swatches all become identical.

Viewing 4 posts - 121 through 135 (of 140 total)